We're pleased to announce the availability of a new release of Jess, the Rule Engine for Java Programmers, at

                http://www.jessrules.com/downloads.shtml

Jess 7.0p1 fixes a few minor issues reported since the 7.0 release and adds some small enhancements to the JessDE. From the change log:

                New commands in JessDE: select construct, pretty-print
                construct. Portable Mac keybindings. "Java patterns"
                (infix test patterns) can use grouping via
                parentheses. Multiline comments and strings don't
                disturb JessDE formatting or damage repairer. JessDE
                Rete view shows all OR branches, and node colors in
                trial version (thanks Mark Proctor). "watch rules"
                output goes to watch router (thanks Helge Hartmann.)
                Repeated negated unifications in a multifield are kept
                (thanks Gary Riley).

As always, comments are welcome to this list or to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .