From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Ernest Friedman-Hill
Sent: Tuesday, 4 September 2007 9:18 AM
To: jess-users@sandia.gov
Subject: Re: JESS: Error during execution (facts).

It means that (facts) threw a RuntimeException. This might happen if,
for example, in trying to display a shadow fact, (facts) called a
method on one of your classes and that method threw a
NullPointerException.

The stack trace for that RuntimeException is help in the "cause" of
the JessException. If you're using jess.Main, then start it with -
stacktrace (i.e., java jess.Main -stacktrace myfile.clp) and Jess
will dump the stacktraces for the main exception and the root cause.
If you're programming in Java, then where you catch this
JessException, call getCause() on the exception object and, if it
returns non-null, then use getMessage() or printStackTrace() or
whatever to get the info you need about what's going wrong.