Hi, If we had a huge database, containing millions of data, in text, excel
or spss, and wanted Jess to search through it find a desired data and
perform rules on it, what would be the best method? Below is the way I first
came up such that a program (here search.clp) would "batch" a database
written in Jess (here databaseInJess.clp) and search through it using
defquery. This might be applicable but I think it's inefficient for a huge
database, since the database should be loaded first. Does Jess have a better
built in searching tool in it? Could Jess refer directly to a database in
text, excel or spss? I've downloaded the Fact Storage Provider Framework on
the Jess users contributions website but didn't know what to do with it
(didn't find a doc for a beginner like me) could anyone tell me that if it's
what I need.
Thank you

;;----------databaseInJess.clp----------
(deftemplate person
   (slot name)
   (slot birthdate)
   (slot phonenumb))
(deffacts data
   (person (name john) (birthdate 17081988) (phonenumb 4458565))
   (person (name mike) (birthdate 25021974) (phonenumb 2214585))
   ...)

(batch "databaseInJess.clp")
(defquery search-by-name
   (...