I am resurrecting old thread because recently I tried
Eclipse 3.6 and wanted to see how well Jess is working with it.

I was able to run Jess71p2 on AMD64 with OpenJDK 6b18-1.8-1 on:
 - Eclipse 3.5.2 from Debian unstable repositories
 - Eclipse 3.6M6 downloaded from Eclipse.org webpage.

When using Eclipse from Debian I created directory
in my home directory, unzipped all of the zips from eclipse/
directory and created .eclipseextension file.
When I added this directory to Eclipse (Help->Update->Manage)
Eclipse wanted to restart itself - after restart Jess
was not visible.
When I have not restarted but ordered for Eclipse
just to apply changes Jess plugin was visible.

So I have not had much troubles with Jess
and new Eclipse versions, but I haven't tested
it very much.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860