On May 14, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Skeptic . wrote:

Hi,

I'm asking myself if I should use "more generic" (def)queries that I can create at compile-time or "more specific" ones that I can create only at run-time. In both case, they would be run at the same frequency, which is not that high (definitly more than once).

Thanks for any suggestion / hindsight.

Gagnez 10 000 $ avec Hotmail! Participez ici

Generally you want to use a few queries that you can compile ahead of time and parameterize as needed at runtime; compiling new queries is an unnecessary expense.

Informatics & Decision Sciences, Sandia National Laboratories
PO Box 969, MS 9012, Livermore, CA 94550
http://www.jessrules.com