Ernest,

It sort of works. That is, I can see in my log output that execution
stops at the breakpoint. However, the Debugger does not get notified
of this, i.e. the Resume button stays disabled, and no information is
displayed in the Variables view.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I now have to specify
my .clp file twice, both in my Java code and in the Debug launch
configuration.