Looks like XMLPrinter isn't (properly) escaping your embedded XML. Thanks for the report.

On Oct 1, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Nguyen, Son wrote:

Hi

I ran into an issue with String having embedded XML content.
Jess clp and JessML behave differently.

I have a clp function that prints out the String parameter.
I use the Jess XMLPrinter to transform the clp file into JessML.

They yield different results. In the clp case, the string is properly handled, that is untouched. Well, at least I think it is. In the JessML case, the string is 'interpreted' and the escaped XML becomes real XML.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Son Nguyen

Here is the clp:

(deffunction aaa (?string)
    (printout t "This is what I got" crlf ?string))

(defrule rule1
        =>
        (aaa "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
        <xmlDoc version=\"1.0\">
                <value name=\"data\">

&lt;Values version=\"2.0\"&gt;
  &lt;value name=\"xml\"&gt;set in cell &lt;/value&gt;
&lt;/Values&gt;

        </value>
    </xmlDoc>
"))

(reset)
(run)

The ouput for the clp run:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <xmlDoc version="1.0">
                <value name="data">

&lt;Values version="2.0"&gt;
  &lt;value name="xml"&gt;set in cell &lt;/value&gt;
&lt;/Values&gt;

        </value>
    </xmlDoc

The output for the JessML run:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                <xmlDoc version="1.0">
                        <value name="data">

        <Values version="2.0">
          <value name="xml">set in cell </value>
        </Values>

                </value>
            </xmlDoc>

Informatics & Decision Sciences, Sandia National Laboratories
PO Box 969, MS 9012, Livermore, CA 94550
http://www.jessrules.com