I've run into this issue as well. As Ernst mentioned, many in the Android
community (myself included) have been asking to backport this. The only
thing stopping it frrom happening is Oracles agressive post
sun-acquisition... which involves suing everyone for a return on their
investment...

Aside from a rework of jess, or waiting for the courts oracle vs google
decision, I have settled with an ear containing jess server side. Take
inputs from the smartphone, crunch in the rule engine server side, and have
a thin client on the android phone polling the server app for results.

Its a shame given the android phones and os are more than capable with
providing a good ammount of ram and flexibility to use a rule engine. But at
this point in time, business is holding things up. Check the android feature
issue tracker, as the addition of the bean class is in there. You can
subscribe to that threads updates and hope for the best.