Hi Florian,

It appears that RapidMiner has a Java
API<http://rapid-i.com/api/rapidminer-5.1/index.html>.
If your intention is to ultimately use Jess to reason over a rulebases of
sheet-metal forming rules, then those rules will have to be in Jess code.
In theory, you could use RapidMiner's Java API and Java proper to generate
Jess rules directly -- just pipe the output from RapidMiner into a Java
class that generates Jess rule code.  Alternately, if you must keep the
intermediate Excel files, you could write a Java class that generates Jess
rules from your Excel spreadsheets.  Then, if you were to update your Excel
source, your Jess rulebase (e.g. Jess *.CLP files somewhere) could be
automatically updated, too.  For this, you may find the Apache Poi
<http://poi.apache.org/>API useful to read/write Excel files from Java.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Jason