By temporal operators, what are you referring to?

it's pretty easy to add a function in JESS that does date comparison
and then use them in a rule.

for example, in the past I've implemented functions like between-time
that takes 3 input values. another example is eq-hour that just checks
if a date is in the same hour. it should only take about 3-4 hours to
implement a half dozen functions for time comparison.