From: "Dwayne Savaya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Gods Work Ministry Inspirational and Encouragement E-Mail

Dear Friend,

There are many people in this world that do not take the time to appreciate and enjoy
this day that they are living in.  They place their happiness and enjoyment of life in
the future as if it is something that they will attain after reaching certain plateaus
in their life.  The important thing that we must remember is that tomorrow is promised
to no man and we are to make the best of each day as it comes before us.  We are to
see today as the best
day of our life no matter how many hardships are in our path trying to bring down our
spirits.  The Bible declares in Psalm 118:24, "This is the  day which the Lord hath
made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."  We are to rejoice in this day that God has
given us and try our best to make the most of what we have been given now. (James
4:13-16) (Psalm 33:1-15)

If you have been placing your happiness in the future waiting for some event to take
place, I would encourage you to renew your mind with the Word of God and know that
today is the best day of the rest of your life and so is tomorrow. (Romans 12:1-2)
(Psalm 51:10-12) (Nehemiah 8:10-11)

I hope you are encouraged and inspired by today's message to stop waiting for the
future in order to be happy and simply be happy right now knowing that God loves you
and is on your side.

WASTING TIME

I have always believed that wisdom is a lost virtue in our society.  Although a lot of
emphasis is placed on intellectual development, there isn't much to be said for good,
old-fashioned common sense. This is a shame because as important as knowledge is,
there are some things in this world that you just can't learn from books.

We learn a lot from our own personal experiences, but I believe you can learn just as
much from the experiences of other people as you can from your own. There's a vast
well of knowledge to be tapped if we're willing to listen to people and think about
their words. You would be amazed at how much your own life can be changed by the
wisdom of others.

I'm sure we've all had experiences where the wise words of another person touched our
lives, and even changed the way that we see the world. I am fortunate enough to have
had a grandfather that, while short on formal education, was rich in wisdom that he
was eager to pass on. My brother and I can recount endless stories about his life
experiences. What impacted me most, however, was not another story from the Navy
during World War II or
his stories of the days when he was raising my mother, but rather advice that he
offered me in a time and place where I needed wisdom and didn't even realize it.

I clearly remember sitting in his den one spring day, prattling on about how I
couldn't wait until school was out for the summer. I was in the 5th grade, and excited
about starting middle school the following school year. To all of my excited
predictions about finally being free of grammar school he said, "Sherri, don't wish
your life away, because one day you'll wish you had it all back."

His words stopped me then, and since that day I have come to understand there was more
to them than it seems. I'm sure that he was reminiscing on his younger days and
speaking of how one day I would wish for my youth back. As I have grown up, though, I
have come to realize that there's more meaning than one to this wonderful advice.

Since then, I have never forgotten that each day, once gone, is gone forever.
Eventually, the passing days turn into weeks, months, and years that will never
return. The time we spend wishing them away to reach some exciting future event is
precious time wasted that can never be given back. It reflects well on the concept
that we call the current time the presentfor a reason - the past is gone, the future
isn't here, but today is a gift that we can enjoy. We are definitely meant to use the
time we have to accomplish our purpose in life, because if we waste it by wishing it
away; who knows what golden opportunities we've passed up?

As I have grown up, I've come to realize there is another meaning behind his words.
Not only are we to use the time we have, but we should also enjoy where we are on the
way to where we're going. It's true that getting there is half the fun, but we have to
allow it to be enjoyable by not griping or complaining about not having reached our
destination yet. I know this can be really hard sometimes. It can be hard to enjoy
life if you're sick, in pain or dealing with difficult or unpleasant circumstances.
But we have to understand that everything happens for a reason, and resolves in God's
perfect timing. Patience is key in working toward our goals, and this is much easier
if you chose to enjoy the journey.

Although life may hurt at times, there's a lot to be learned from painful experiences.
Sometimes, just knowing that you are growing in strength and patience is enough to get
you through those tough times. It may even provide the glimpse of light you need to
find hope and courage in getting through. Remember that nothing ever lasts forever,
and if we are patient in pursuing the goal, then the success we enjoy will be sweeter.
It's all
about living in faith, with a hope that today is a productive step toward tomorrow.

I remember Granddaddy's words very well, especially when I'm in difficult
circumstances. I have recently come out of a dark season in my life when it seemed
nothing was going right. Friends turned their backs on me, work was chaos, and my
health was suffering from all the stress. I realized that although I wanted to wish my
way out of my situation, I wasn't really sure what I was wishing for. I was wishing
not for some unseen tomorrow, but for hope. Recalling his words made me realize that I
wanted hope not just for the future, but for right now as well, so I would keep moving
in the right direction. It's amazing that those words gave me encouragement and new
insight 18 years after they were spoken to me.

Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away four years after that fateful conversation.
He may not be around any more, but his wisdom lives on through me as I continue to
live and learn from his wonderful advice. I know now that wishing life away is just
wasting time, and that all of the time we are given really is a gift, whether we
realize it or not.

By Sherri Fulmer Moorer

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

James 4:13-14, "Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such
a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know
what will happen tomorrow.  For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for
a little time and then vanishes away."

Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in
the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the
flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I
will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my
strength, and He will make
my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places..."

Psalm 118:4-6 "Let them now that fear the LORD say, that His mercy endureth for ever.
I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.
 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?"

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

Today's Selected Poem:  IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/inpoem54.htm

Today's Selected Testimony:  JESUS IS THE FAITHFUL PROVIDER
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/testimony96.htm

In Christ's Service,
Dwayne Savaya
Gods Work Ministry

Please feel free to visit the Website to read more Encouraging and Inspirational
stories, poems and testimonies.  Our E-mail Archives are available as well to read the
messages that have been sent in the past.

You can also send Free E-cards to friends and loved ones with the many
choices available. You are also welcome to post your prayer requests in our
Prayer Forum.  All this and more available at --- http://www.Godswork.org

You can also send prayer requests to --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Add your E-mail address if you'd like correspondence with the prayer partners.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM
Daftar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Keluar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]