From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Daily devotions for 06-07-2005:
Devotion: Morning and Evening
Morning Title: All Have Sinned
Evening Title: Sainthood
Do you enjoy this devotional? Send it on to a
friend!____________________________________________________________

Morning: All Have Sinned
"Behold, I am vile."  --Job 40:4

One cheering word, poor lost sinner, for thee!
You think you must not come to God because YOU are vile. Now, there is not a
saint living on earth but has been made to feel that he is vile.
If Job, and Isaiah, and Paul were all obliged to say "I am vile," oh, poor
sinner, wilt thou be ashamed to join in the same confession? If divine grace
does not eradicate all sin from the believer, how dost thou hope to do it
thyself?
and if God loves His people while they are yet vile, dost thou think thy
vileness will prevent His loving thee? Believe on Jesus, thou outcast of the
world's society! Jesus calls thee, and such as thou art.

"Not the righteous, not the righteous;
Sinners, Jesus came to call."

Even now say, "Thou hast died for sinners; I am a sinner, Lord Jesus, sprinkle
Thy blood on me"; if thou wilt confess thy sin thou shalt find pardon.
If, now, with all thy heart, thou wilt say, "I am vile, wash me," thou shalt be
washed now. If the Holy Spirit shall enable thee from thy heart to cry

Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that thou bidd'st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come!"

thou shalt rise from reading this morning's portion with all thy sins pardoned;
and though
thou didst wake this morning with every sin that man hath ever committed on thy
head, thou shalt rest to-night accepted in the Beloved; though once degraded
with the rags of sin, thou shalt be adorned with a robe of righteousness, and
appear white as the angels are. For "now," mark it, "Now is the accepted time."
If thou "believest on Him who justifieth the ungodly thou art saved." Oh! may
the Holy Spirit give thee saving faith in Him who receives the vilest.

Evening: Sainthood
"Are they Israelites? so am I."--2 Corinthians 11:22

We have here A PERSONAL CLAIM, and one that needs proof. The apostle knew that
His claim was indisputable, but there are many persons who have no right to the
title who yet claim to belong to the Israel of God. If we are with confidence
declaring, "So am I also an Israelite," let us only say it after having
searched our heart as in the presence of God. But if we can give proof that we
are following Jesus, if we can from the heart say, "I trust Him wholly, trust
Him only, trust Him simply, trust Him now, and trust Him ever," then the
position which the saints of God hold belongs to us--all their enjoyments are
our possessions; we may be the very least in Israel, "less than the least of
all saints," yet since the mercies of God belong to the saints AS SAINTS, and
not as advanced saints, or well-taught saints, we may put in our plea, and say,
"Are they Israelites? so am I; therefore the promises are mine, grace is mine,
glory will be mine." The claim, rightfully made, is one which will yield untold
comfort. When God's people are rejoicing that they are His, what a happiness if
they can say, "So AM I!" When they speak of being pardoned, and justified, and
accepted in the Beloved, how joyful to respond, "Through the grace of God, SO
AM I."

But this claim not only has its enjoyments and privileges, but also its
conditions and duties.
We must share with God's people in cloud as well as in sunshine.  When we hear
them spoken of with contempt and  ridicule for being Christians, we must come
boldly forward and say, "So am I." When we see them working for Christ, giving
their time, their talent, their whole heart to Jesus, we must be able to say,
"So do I." O let us prove our gratitude by our devotion, and live as those who,
having claimed a privilege, are willing to take the responsibility connected
with it.