From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Daily devotions for 11-16-2005:
Devotion: Morning and Evening
Morning Title: Our Portion
Evening Title: The Beautiful Christ
Do you enjoy this devotional? Send it on to a friend!

Morning: Our Portion
"The Lord is my portion, saith my soul."    --Lamentations 3:24

It is not "The Lord is partly my portion," nor "The Lord is in my portion"; but
He Himself makes
up the sum total of my soul's inheritance. Within the circumference of that
circle lies all that we possess or desire. The Lo rd is my portion. Not His
grace merely, nor His love, nor His covenant, but Jehovah Himself. He has
chosen us for His portion, and we have chosen Him for ours. It is true that the
Lord must first choose our inheritance for us, or else we shall never choose it
for ourselves; but if we are really called according to the purpose of electing
love, we can sing--

"Lov'd of my God for Him again
With love intense I burn;
Chosen of Him ere time began,
I choose Him in return."

The Lord is our all-sufficient portion. God fills Himself; and if God is
all-sufficient in Himself,
He must be all-sufficient for us. It is not easy to satisfy man's desires. When
he dreams that he is satisfied, anon he wakes to the perception that there is
somewhat yet beyond, and straightway the horse-leech in his heart cries, "Give,
give." But all that we can wish for is to
be found in our divine portion, so that we ask, "Whom have I in heaven but
Thee? and there is
none upon earth that I desire beside Thee." Well may we "delight ourselves in
the Lord" who makes us to drink of the river of His pleasures. Our faith
stretches her wings and mounts like an eagle into the heaven of divine love as
to her proper dwelling-place. "The lines have fallen to
us in pleasant places; yea, we have a goodly heritage." Let us rejoice in the
Lord always; let
us show to the world that we are a happy and a blessed people, and thus induce
them to exclaim, "We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Evening: The Beautiful Christ
"Thine eyes shall see the King in His beauty." --Isaiah 33:17

The more you know about Christ the less will you be satisfied with superficial
views of Him; and the more deeply you study His transactions in the eternal
covenant, His engagements on your behalf as the eternal Surety, and the fulness
of His grace which shines in all His offices, the more truly will you see the
King in His beauty. Be much in such outlooks. Long more and more to see Jesus.
Meditation and contemplation are often like windows of agate, and gates of
carbuncle, through which we behold the Redeemer. Meditation puts the telescope
to the eye, and enables us to see Jesus after a better sort than we could have
seen Him if we had lived in the days of His flesh. Would that our conversation
were more in heaven, and that we were more taken up with the person, the work,
the beauty of our incarnate Lord. More meditation, and the beauty of the King
would flash upon us with more resplendence.
Beloved, it is very probable that we shall have such a sight of our glorious
King as we never had before, when  we come to die.

Many saints in dying have looked up from amidst the stormy waters, and have
seen Jesus walking on the waves of the sea, and heard Him say, "It is I, be not
afraid." Ah, yes! when the tenement begins to shake, and the clay falls away,
we see Christ through the rifts, and between the rafters the sunlight of heaven
comes streaming in. But if we want to see face to face the "King in His beauty"
we must go to heaven for the sight, or the King must come here in person. O
that He would come o n the wings of the wind! He is our Husband, and we are
widowed by His absence; He is our Brother dear and fair, and we are lonely
without Him. Thick veils and clouds hang between our souls and their true life:
when shall the day break and the shadows flee away? Oh, long-expected day,
begin!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM
PROTECTED]
or If you want to contact IPRF Denver USA, to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site : http://www.iprf.us