From: "Dwayne Savaya" <godswork...@hotmail.com>

God's Work Ministry E-mail

Dear Friend,

We should always have a forgiving heart because holding onto grudges does
nothing to heal the hurt or bring peace to your mind and soul.  When we forgive
others for their shortfalls against us, we are not condoning what they did, but
we are showing Christ's centeredness in our lives and that just as we have been
forgiven for our great sins, we must also forgive those who do wrong against
us.  We forgive not because we are weak, but because the Lord who is strong in
us commands that we forgive those who have done wrong to us.  Another thing
that we must keep in mind is that forgiveness is more beneficial to us than to
the ones we forgive.  When we forgive, we release ourselves from the bondage of
hate and open ourselves to receive the love, joy and peace that God wishes to
infiltrate our heart with.

The Lord wishes to bring healing to our hearts, but we must take the first step
to forgive the wrong that was done to us so that healing can begin.
Be encouraged to see the benefits of having a forgiving heart.  No matter what
was done to you, the Lord is able to make you forget and not bring into
remembrance.  The only thing that you are required to do is to see past the
hurt and allow forgiveness.  When we do, great things begin to
take place in our life.

I hope this message encourages and inspires your heart to see the benefits of
forgiveness.  Offering forgiveness is much better than continually swallowing
the past hurts and pains of the past and allowing that poison to keep our life
stagnant.

WHAT FORGIVENESS DOES

I was driving down the road the other day when I saw a sign in front of a
church. It said, "Forgive your enemies. It messes with their minds." As I read
this sign I felt a smile come to my lips, a feeling of delight come to my
heart, and a long, deep laugh come from my belly. When I finally
stopped laughing at the joyous humor on this sign I realized something.
What it said couldn't be more true.

A person whose mind is full of anger, after all, gives anger to the world and
expects anger in return. In the same way a person whose heart is full of hate,
shares that hate with the world and expects hate in return. Likewise a person
whose soul is full of hurting passes that hurt on to the world and expects to
be hurt again in return. It is a horrible and vicious cycle that eventually
destroys the person's life and harms everyone he touches.

It is forgiveness that breaks this cycle, however. It is forgiveness that
messes up the mind full of anger and shows it that there is another way to
live. When you forgive another you keep your own mind full of peace, your own
heart full of love, and your own soul full of joy. When you forgive
another you pass these precious gifts along to them as well. When you forgive
another you live the way that God meant for you to live and you show everyone
around you how a Child of God can make this world a better and more loving
place.

Keep on forgiving others then. Keep on messing with their minds. Keep on
helping their hearts and souls. Keep on living the life that God meant for you
to live. If you have to do it seventy times seven times then do so happily. God
never stops forgiving us. Why should we ever stop forgiving others?

By Joseph J. Mazzella

Read and meditate on these scriptures:
Ephesians 4:31-32 "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and
evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to
another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake
hath forgiven you."

Psalm 103:8-13 "The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous
in mercy.  He will not always chide: neither will he keep His anger for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our
iniquities.  For as the heaven is high above the earth,
so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him.  As far as the east is from
the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.  Like as a father
pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear Him."

1 John 4:10-12 "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us,
and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  Beloved, if God so loved
us, we ought also to love one another.  No man hath seen God at any time.  If
we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is
perfected in us."

Colossians 3:12-15 "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved,
bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel
against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.  And above all these
things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.  And let the peace of
God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye
thankful."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

Today's Selected Poem: DOES YESTERDAY BELONG TO TODAY
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/inpoem122.htm

Today's Selected Testimony: IT DID HAPPEN TO US
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/testimony59.htm
God's Work Ministry E-mail

Dear Friend,

It is important that we always keep integrity at the center of our lives.
No matter the issue whether it be personal or professional, we should always be
honest in our motives and pure hearted in our dealings.  Life is too short to
ruin our reputation for short term gain, but many times people don't see the
big picture and quickly compromise their character and
integrity for monetary gain or for pompous egotism.  They want to be seen as
important or highly regarded and portray themselves in a false light hoping
their lies never see the light of day.  What those people don't realize is that
the truth lives on forever and leading their life in a false manner will
backfire on them one day and everything that was hidden, untrue and made secret
will come to light one day.  When people's lies are brought to the forefront,
nothing but shame, dishonor and heartache come from it.  The results of all
their misdealings would not have been worth it in the end because all that they
gained from their deceit will be lost and more importantly their name will be
irreparable.

This is why I believe we should always lead our life in truth, honesty and
integrity.  Doing that which is right no matter who is watching is what pleases
the Lord and leads our life onto the best path.  Doing right when no one else
is looking is what each of us should continually strive to do.  No matter the
temptation, always see integrity as most important.
Know that it will save you when you need it most and it will guard your life
when you least expect it.  Be encouraged to live your life with integrity and
know that when you do your name will live on forever.

I hope this message encourages and inspires your heart to always follow that
which is right.  Following the right path in the midst of temptation is what
will keep your life filled with blessings and joy that is unspeakable.

BUILDING ON VALUES

"I don't subscribe to the thesis, 'Let the buyer beware,'" said the late writer
Isaac Asimov. "I prefer the disregarded one that goes, 'Let the seller be
honest.'"

Look at the financial problems of today's world. How many of these problems
were the result of inferior products (dubious mortgages, in this case) sold to
unaware buyers?

I am convinced that long-range successful businesses, and truly successful
lives, are built on values. Two of those values are honesty and integrity.

Over a century ago, clothier John Wanamaker, whose retail business grew into
one of the world's first department stores, would have agreed. Wanamaker is
sometimes called the father of modern advertising. He instilled the attitude of
utmost honesty in his employees.

The story is told of one of his advertising people who was instructed to make a
sign promoting neckties that were reduced in price from one dollar apiece to 25
cents. After personally examining the ties, the marketer asked, "Are they any
good?"

"No, they're not," he was told.

Wanamaker would have been completely honest, so the ad copy had to reflect the
attitude of the store. The necktie advertisement was finally written this way:
"They are not as good as they look, but they are good enough at 25 cents." The
department sold out of ties almost immediately and was forced to purchase
several more weeks' supply of cheap ties to fill the persistent demand (Selling
Solutions, Juanita Ruiz, Ed., Oct. 1995).

Wanamaker believed that only a business based on values has real value.
And businesses of value are always successful.

Can't it also be said that a life built on values has real value? And when you
and I build our lives on honesty and integrity, we will likewise know success.

By Steve Goodier

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

Psalm 37:7-9 "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself
because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth
wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself
in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but
those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth."

Psalm 34:11-16 "Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear
of the LORD. What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he
may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their
cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the
remembrance of them from the earth."

Psalm 37:16-20 "A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of
many wicked. For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth
the righteous. The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance
shall be for ever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days
of famine they shall be satisfied. But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies
of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall
they consume away."

Psalm 119:10-16 "With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not wander
from Thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin
against Thee. Blessed art Thou, O LORD: teach me Thy statutes. With my lips
have I declared all the judgments of Thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of
Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in Thy precepts, and
have respect unto Thy ways. I will delight myself in Thy statutes: I will not
forget Thy word."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

Today's Selected Poem: HE GATHERS EVERY TEAR
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/enpoem98.htm

Today's Selected Testimony: HOW TO NOT STAY DEFEATED
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/testimony146.htm
God's Work Ministry E-mail

Dear Friend,

We should always have a friendly countenance and demeanor about ourselves and
remember that as children of the Lord, we should be quick to be kind,
compassionate and loving towards everyone we come into contact with.  Many
times we see someone and know right away that they're having a hard time and
need to be encouraged.  We should take the initiative to be their "Angel" in
that moment to lift them up, encourage them and show them how much life has to
offer.  We must remember that it is in looking at our blessings that we become
encouraged and shown how privileged and favored we truly are.

Many times people simply need to be shown and reminded that goodness still
exists in humanity and life no matter how difficult it may sometimes get can be
enjoyed if we focus on the right things.  We need to see how abundantly blessed
we truly are and when we do, gratitude, thanksgiving
and a cheerful heart will fill our being.  Be encouraged to share joy whenever
you see the opportunity and do all that you can to make a bad situation a
little bit better.

I hope this message inspires and challenges your heart to always be the
catalyst to where smiles come forth.  Be the encourager that you wish you had
when you were down and you will make an impact upon someone else's life that
will never be erased or forgotten.

INTIMATE STRANGERS

"People are in their own world and they don't want you interrupting their day.
Folk on the subway don't talk." So I'd been given the rules ahead of time.
People did not want me trying to be friendly. Well that was going to be
difficult if not impossible.

We climbed on as the train (Subway) pulled in and there was only one seat.
My husband nodded at me to take it while he and our son stood. I scrunched into
the space beside a grey-haired woman and immediately she muttered in a
disgruntled manner, "Oh Yeah she had to sit here. Make me all uncomfortable. I
shoulda known."

"I'm sorry" I told her. "Do you want me to move?"

With a huge sigh she muttered back, "I suppose you can stay."

The words were okay, but the tone of her voice told me I was not welcome in the
seat.

"I can move if you would like me to. Really. I don't mind, especially if it is
bothering you," I told her in a gentle and sincere manner.

Another sigh, and she told me to stay. "No, it's okay you can stay."

So strangers don't want me to talk on the subway. Okay, but she had started
this so I figured we could have a conversation and I felt challenged to change
her negative perspective. I asked her if she had ever been out to Alberta. She
waited all of two seconds, then responded, "No but we've been through on the
way to Vancouver."

"I love it there," I told her and went on to mention the great weather,
friendly people and beautiful plants. "Where are you from originally?" I asked
her.

Now here was a topic she wanted to talk about and soon I heard about her life
in the old country and the languages she learned. She talked until it was time
for her to get off, smiled and warmly bid me good-bye.

Hey this subway traveling is okay!

At a station the following day my husband and son went to buy tickets and I
stood watching people. The ticket taker caught me watching him and he frowned.
I smiled at him and he glared back at me. I kept on smiling and would not turn
away. He walked over to me with this stern look and matching gait.

"Did you want to sing a song for me?" he asked.

Surprised, yet pleased he was talking to me, (but then maybe ticket takers
don't count), I responded, "I would sing you a song, except my husband is with
me and it would make him feel uncomfortable. Truly, if I was alone, I would
sing you a song in a minute." (And why not? music is uplifting!)

"Did you want me to sing you a song?" he asked, but he had a twinkle in his
eyes and there was a hint of a smile.

"Yes please, I'd like that." I told him.

Then this most beautiful deep voice began singing, "Strangers In The Night" and
I gasped at the charisma of his voice, the timbre, character and brilliance.
His voice was exceptional and the song was a gift.

Soon husband and son came up alongside of us, but I never took my eyes off the
man with the magnificent voice. He continued with the song, and he had my
absolute attention. I hoped my dear husband would understand you can't just
walk off in the middle of a gift.

When the man finished I felt so uplifted by his gift of song and sincerely I
told him, "your voice is exquisite and you need to share it."

"I did. I was an opera singer."

"Oh you must continue to share this lovely voice with others", I told him.

"This I can no longer do," he told me. "You see, I am ill and I can not be
counted on for bookings. I never know when the illness will flare up."

Grateful I had been given a most special performance we said our good-byes.
By now, I know my stepson was wondering what else could possibly happen on the
subway. He lived in Toronto and gave us all the rules about subway riding. Me,
I was just a little hometown girl.

As we rode back on the subway again that night I found a seat beside a couple.
I turned to them and said, "I know I am not supposed to talk to you." "Why ever
not?" the man asked.

"I am told people on the subway do not want anyone to speak with them," I
explained, "but have you seen Crocodile Dundee?" I paused for them to remember
this movie character then grinning I stuck out my hand, "Hi my name is Ellie
and I am from Alberta." With that, they began to laugh as
they took turns shaking my hand.

As we chatted like old friends, a gentleman two seats away turned around to
look at me. I could not read the look and puzzled over it.

The couple soon had to leave and they said they were sorry to end the
conversation, but their stop was coming up. They turned again as they left
smiling, waving, biding good-bye.

As soon as they were gone and the train pulled out again, the gentleman who had
turned to look at me earlier got up and came over. Apologizing he said, "I
could not help overhearing a bit of your conversation and..." We were all soon
in conversation.

He stepped off with us as we pulled into our station, speaking in an animated
fashion. I could tell he was thrilled for the opportunity of having people to
chat with on the ride.

As we stood out on the platform he looked at us and said, "I want to sing a
song for you."

It was more of a question, and pleased to have two songs in one trip I
responded with, "great."

Then, with a most pleasant voice, he began to sing, and I gasped at the
coincidence for his choice of songs was, "Strangers In The Night."

By Ellie Braun-Haley

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

Matthew 5:14-16 Jesus declares "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is
set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a
bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the
house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your
good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Matthew 6:19-21 Jesus declares "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth
corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor
steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Romans 12:15-18 "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that
weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but
condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense
to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it
be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."

Proverbs 16:18-20 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before
a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide
the spoil with the proud. He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and
whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

Today's Selected Poem: BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/inpoem168.htm

Today's Selected Testimony: GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE OUR SIDE
Click here to read --- http://www.Godswork.org/testimony52.htm

In Christ's Service,
Dwayne Savaya
God's Work Ministry

Please feel free to visit the Website to read more Encouraging and
Inspirational stories, poems and testimonies.  Our E-mail Archives are
available as well to read the messages that have been sent in the past.

You can also send Free E-cards to friends and loved ones with the many
choices available. You are also welcome to post your prayer requests in our
Prayer Forum.  All this and more available at --- http://www.Godswork.org

You can also send prayer requests to --- pray...@godswork.org
Add your E-mail address if you'd like correspondence with the prayer partners.

Kirim email ke