I was looking at J2 source code trying to figure out where to
modify the source code to allow a portal parameter to be considered
as a portlet parameter for all portlets found on the same page when
I encountered the following code in

org.apache.jetspeed.services.information.PortletURLProviderImpl

public String toString()
{
if ( clearParameters )
{
if (parameters != null)
{
Iterator names = parameters.keySet().iterator();
Map map = new HashMap();
while (names.hasNext())
{
String name = (String) names.next();
Object value = parameters.get(name);
String[] values = value instanceof String ? new String[] {(String) value } : (String[]) value;
map.put(name,values);
}
}
return url.createPortletURL(portletWindow,parameters,mode,state,action,secure);
}
else
{
return url.createPortletURL(portletWindow,mode,state,secure);
}
}

This seems clearly wrong to me since we create a new local HashMap (map)
that is never atually used. If someone can clue me in what this code is
supposed to do, I'll fix it.

--
Raphaël Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://portals.apache.org/