Michael Steindl wrote:

> hi there,
>
> having a tremendous problem with the actual cvs files:
>
> after building the jetspeed.war I'm receiving the following stack-trace:
>
> any idear??
>
> =====================================================>
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
>       at

I've setup a Solaris test box in order to reproduce this bug and it seems
like there's a weird behavior difference in the Turbine API between Unix
and Windows:

The cast excpetion comes from the
getProfile() method is DefaultJetspeedRunData

getProfile()
{
        return (Profile)rundata.getUser().getTemp("profile");
}

On Windows, this method returns null when the profile property is not set,
on Unix, it looks like it returns an empty string instead of null for some
reasons.
I've not yet had the time to investigate more thoroughly and I'd appreciate
if anybody with some time on his hand could track the precise bug.

As an interim fix, you can modify the above method to:

     public Profile getProfile()
     {
         Profile profile=null;
         try
         {
             profile=(Profile)this.getUser().getTemp("profile");
         }
         catch (ClassCastException e)
         {
             profile=null;
         }

         return profile;
     }

This will get you to the next error but does not solve everything.

--
Raphael Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris