I'm using 1.3a1, but pulled in the most recent (as of the time of my
original post) CVS copy and the getMarkedPage method was still getting
invoked the same way.  Unless the fix was elsewhere, it appeared to have
the same issue, although, I didn't run that version, but rather just
pulled it to compare that specific class implementation.  I will pull
the latest copy and run it.  Thanks for the help.

Randy

Santiago Gala wrote:

> Randal Wolfgram wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Whenever a portlet is maximized, the subsequent URL in the title bar to
> >get back to the referer is relative (HREF for  the "restore.gif" image)
> >because of the way that getMarkedPage gets invoked (without the second
> >argument which determines whether the method should return a relative or
> >absolute URL).  This has the unfortunate effect of creating
> >progressively longer URLs (from the standpoint of the browser
> >interpretting  the relative URL) as /jetspeed/index.jsp becomes
> >/jetspeeed/jetspeed/index.jsp and so on with each iteration of
> >maximizing and minimizing portlets.  Is this by design or should that
> >method be passing the 'false' boolean?  If it is by design, is there any
> >work around to the 'growing' URL side effect of this?
> >
> It does not happen with my cvs copy. Which version are you using?
>
> This error was corrected some time ago, but it can be still present in
> the 1.3a1 version (I don't remember).
>

> >Thanks,
> >
> >Randy

Randy Wolfgram                                  Cisco Systems
IT Engineer                                     San Jose, CA
Internet Architecture Group                     (408) 525-0185
http://www.cisco.com                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]