David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Yes, I understand about the _display parameter.
> I've already fixed the check for null.
>

>>* PortletSetCustomizer is the portlet that implements the
>>current customizer
>>   (yes, it's a portlet so it may swapped with a better
>>implementation just
>>    change the registry entry definition... :) )
>>

> Im trying to figure out how the customizer knows to use a portlet named
> 'PortletSetCustomizer'
> In looking at JetspeedTool, it to take the name 'PortletSet' and concatenate
> 'Customizer' to find the entry in the registry. Could you please better
> explain how we this works?

It relies on 2 standard registry entry:

"PortletCustomizer" should be the default portlet parameter customizer.
"PortletSetCustomizer" should be the default PSML page customizer.

WHen asked to configure a portlet p (which may be a PortletSet), the JetspeedTool
applies the following algorithm:
- does p implements PortletSet ?
   - yes -> invoke PortletSetCustomizer
   - no -> does p implement PortletCustomizer
     - does p implements PortletCustomizer interface:
       - yes -> p is its own customizer, invoke p
       - no -> invoke PortletCustomizer

Hope this helps you understand how customization calls are routed...

--
Raphael Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris