David Sean Taylor wrote:

>Interesting little discussion going on at ServerSide.com :
>
>http://www.theserverside.com/home/thread.jsp?thread_id=11106

I'm just reading jsr 167. For those not informed, a different jsr for
Portlet API has been presented, with support from a lot of companies.

I imagine (I stress it is My Opinion, no hidden knowledge) that both
proposals should be merged, or either retired. I think a Proposal for a
standard with companies like BEA, Epicentric, Sybase, ... , merged with
IBM proposal, could set the scenario for a standard.

I will post later, when I know more about the new proposal. This is
beginning to get interesting indeed ;)