From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:32 AM
To: 'Jetspeed Developers List'
Subject: RE: Jetspeed Proposal: iframe portlet control

To summarize the plan for portlet ids:

- change all psml files to have a unique id
- if a psml file doesn't have an id, the toolkit service will add the id
(but the id doesn't get stored until its customized)
- write a conversion utility
- start converting all $links and references everywhere to use the
portlet id (this will be a lot of changes....)
        - customizer
        - all controllers and controls that reference subelements
(menus, panes, tabs)
        - actions (minimize, maximize,etc)
- try to come-up with a formalised way to set query params and post
parameters so that they only go to a specific portlet (based on
portlet-id). One use-case is to put two HelloVelocity portlets on the
same page and make sure that only one updates.

Still remaining question. What is the format of the id (vote):

- hex
- integer
- dot notation as described by Santiago