There Portlet API JSR 168 Expert Group was founded in February this
year. It will be defining:

1. Portlet API Standard
2. Portlet API Reference Implementation
3. Portlet API TCK

IBM and Sun are co-spec leads.
IBM's original portlet API proposal has had some influence on the
Portlet API standard.
However the new standard is being designed by the Expert Group, not by
IBM alone.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-jetspeed/proposals/port
letAPI/PortletAPIDraft.pdf?rev=1.1
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/index.html
http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/168.jsp
  .. and finally
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/portal/doc/V41PortletDevelopmen
tGuide.pdf

IBM seems pretty involved with the Portlet API spec, while it uses
elements from the org.apache.jetspeed.portlet package. And then there is
that portlet API proposal, hosted in the CVS for jetspeed.

How and when did these links come into place?

Any light shed on these topics would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Endre

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: