Yes, since it was instantiated as the most-specific class.

> If you duplicate your page to another page, and leave the
> portlet id's the same in each page, and have them both
> updating at the same time, it may fail to distinguish them.
>
> If a page is duplicated within jetspeed, for example, when a
> new user is created and the "turbine" page is copied, are the
> id's re-generated?  I think that portlet Id is not defined to
> be system wide unique, just unique within the page.

If you ensure that your portlet ids are unique system wide, this isn't a
problem.
If you can't ensure that, then don't use the portlet-id for the key,
instead use the IdGeneratorService

> We may want to add the portal page id as well as the portlet
> id to make the full instance id in the cache.

Yes another solution, get the page id via RunData.getProfile

Let me know what you all want to do with this. I believe the choices
are:

- id
- page-id + id
- id-generator