Martin,

You do have good timing ;)
We were hoping to put out a Jetspeed release today.
Jetspeed no longer uses Turbine security, it uses Torque for all database
access and makes no use of all the old Turbine database/security.
Im not sure about moving to the new Torque. Sounds like a lot of work
changing all of the 'result sets' from Vector to List.
What exactly do we gain by that, a 20% performance gain or so? What is
behind the List, an ArrayList?
I would think a better improvement would be to have a virtual iterator over
a ResultSet.
Doesn't OJB have that?

> but i don't get it how the build for jetspeed should work??
> are you using maven?? or is the maven build only started??
> why do you generate the om classes to the src tree?? shouldn't it be
target/src??

The maven build is there but we don't use the maven build. Its not
up-to-date and doesn;t work.
We use the build in the build directory.
Yes, the om classes do go to the src tree, however they do not go into cvs.
The user can change this in the Torque properties file.

> so you can grant cvs access to me (i can work in a branch if you like) or
you'll get tons of patches
>   during the next days ;-)

Well Im not sure if I want tons of patches right now :)
We are just about it to put out a release, and tons of patches sounds very
destabilizing.
What do we gain?
Bug fixes?
 The jar must be substantially smaller.
I imagine there must be lots of redundant and unused code between
Torque/Turbine etc..
Im just not sure if this is worth holding up a release for. Any others have
thoughts on this?

David

> i'm working on a turbine 2.2 release (b2 planned for today .. maybe
tomorrow ;-)

> there are some big changes:
>
> the coupled torque has been removed
> the api of the decoupled torque changed (using List instead of Vector)
>
> so i thought it would be godd to see how much work it is to move an app
like jetspeed to 2.2

> but i don't get it how the build for jetspeed should work??
> are you using maven?? or is the maven build only started??
> why do you generate the om classes to the src tree?? shouldn't it be
target/src??

> i would like to help to make the maven build work (as it should) and move
to turbine 2.2

> so you can grant cvs access to me (i can work in a branch if you like) or
you'll get tons of patches
>   during the next days ;-)
>
> martin
>

> --