I have been evaluating component/service/kernel frameworks.  So far, I really like
what I see in Avalon Phoenix, it seems right down the alley of what we are trying to
accomplish.  It also has built-in in JMX to manage components.

I briefly looked at picocontainer, very cool, however it is somewhat young where as
Phoenix has quite a few projects built upon it, including Apache James.  Same goes for
Hivemind with respect to being a less mature project.

I would love if everyone who has used/researched any of these products give me a
summary of their findings/experiences so as we can make the best choice for Jetspeed.

I realize we had a recently discussed this in passed thread, but I want to keep this
alive as we need to make this decision very soon.  Plus, I want to have as much
community involvement/input on this choice as possible.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            |
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project |