> What would be the key features that we would be
> looking for?

This is me speaking, but I am sure others feel the same:

1.  Transparent JMX management of deployed modules.
2.  Hot deploy and hot configuration.  No more stop container, change
    property(ies), restart container, wash, rinse, repeat.  Gawd, that's a
    HUGE PITA!
3.  The use of POJOs as components would be a nice feature but isn't really
    a deal breaker.
4.  Self-contained deployment either via jar or some other container/archive
    mechanism.  Each module would have its own config file included.  No
    more sifting through unwieldy properties files.  This also makes
    updating from the CVS easier you don't have to worry about
    dif'ing out all the changes you made that will more than likely conflict
    with the CVS.  You obviously have to perform some dif'ing, but in
    smaller more manageable chunks.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            |