Forwarded from jetspeed-user...

David Sean Taylor wrote:

On Aug 22, 2004, at 9:25 PM, Randy Watler wrote:

I have recently pulled Jetspeed2 from CVS HEAD to pick up some of the latest changes. I built it from scratch and installed it normally using MySQL. Afterward, launching the portal default page results in the "anon" user being logged in. I am unable to logout using the security portlet, (anon remains logged in), or login as a different user using login.jsp, (it results in a Tomcat redirection error; I assume it is not intended to be invoked directly). Anyway, being locked into "anon" seems odd, but I may not be understanding something that needs to be configured!

I am trying to add a login capability to the layout decorations instead of using the security portlet. This seems simple enough, but the above problem has derailed me at the moment. Thoughts?

I accidently caused that.
We need to decide whether the anonymous (guest) user actually logs in or not.
Regardless, if the guest user is logged in, it shouldn't appear that way in the login portlet.
Could you start a thread on jetspeed-dev on this subject matter?

thanks

Randy Watler