Hi,
I'm a student in computer engineering at Parma University (Italy).
For my three years thesis I would like to extend Jetspeed to provide text-to-speech of portlets contents.
I've already experimented with FreeTTS (http://freetts.sourceforge.net) and managed to create a Servlet that sends as response an audio file (audio/x-wav actually) containing the text-to-speech of the text request parameter.
My next step is plugging this into Jetspeed; from an UI & Interaction perspective this means an additional button in the portlet titlebar (like a sound speaker) that once clicked provides an audio file containing the tts of the portlet contents.
I've had a look at Jetspeed 1.5 source code and documentation (I think I will need to hack on org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.controls), but I'll also appreciate some suggestion from you developers as a good starting point.
Are you interested?

Thanks,
   Michele Cella