Hi Randy,

Randy Watler wrote:
Shinsuke,

I have submitted a patch to David that supports a <short-title/> tag, (and its locale sensitive metadata variants), for pages, folders, etc. He hopes to look at it later today, so perhaps it will be applied when you get this email! The patch also modifies the various decorators to use the new "getShortTitle($preferredLocale)" accessor, (except for the HTML title tag content). If no <short-title> tags are defined, the folders and documents objects return the full <title> content.

This feature was added to allow full titles to be reserved for rollover/tool tip text, (HTML title attribute), and to optionally support use of compact titles as links, tabs, etc. Do you have any objections to adding the title attribute as "getTitle($preferredLocale)" in the Tigris decorators?

I think the short tiltle is a good feature. Currently, tab labels are long... I'll check it when it is applied, and if I have any comments, let you know.

Is there any other applicable Tigris guideline we should be following?

No... I do not have it as a document. I created it by referring to tigris sample site. So, it may be the guideline :)

http://style.tigris.org/nonav/docs/sampler_inst.html

Thanks,
 shinsuke

I have not added this functionality to any of the decorators in the patch. I was holding off until we had a chance to discuss the implementation. Let me know!

Thanks,

Randy