David Le Strat wrote:
David,

I am surprised, I tested this quite a bite before
committing.  In any case, I have documented this under
components/security/xdocs/config.xml and updated
references to this page from the main navigation.

Sorry about this.
I didn't actually test it, just listened to someone's account and it seemed real enough

thanks for the descriptions because atn and atz might not be apparent that they represent authentication and authorization

For easier configuration purpose, I have separated the
SPI from the API:

- security-atn.xml:
Provides the login module configuration.  Not everyone
needs this, as some application may decide to use
another login module other than the one provided.
- security-atz.xml:
Configures the authorization policy, in our case RDBMS
Policy.
- security-managers.xml:
Configures all the managers for security purpose.
- security-providers.xml:
Configures the various providers and weaves the SPI
together.
- security-spi.xml:
This configuration file contains configuration that
are common to the authentication and authorization
SPIs.
- security-spi-atn.xml:
This configuration file contains all the
configurations for configuring the authentication SPI.
- security-spi-atz.xml:
This configuratio file contains all the configurations
for configuring the authorization SPI.

I also documented the subcomponents for each SPI xml
elements.  Please see config.xml for more details.

I felt this would provide quite a bit of flexibility
for the security layer, however feel free to change it
if you feel that another format would work better.

Regards,

David Le Strat.

--- David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Seems that the spring configuration is broken in the
cvs head.
There are multiple implementations of the SPIs in
the assembly folder.
(I haven't actually cvs updated, and Im not going to
until this is resolved, but Jeremy did and pointed it out to me)

DLS, could you move out the secondary SPIs and maybe
provide us with a little description of the further breakdown of the
SPI configs.

Thanks,

--
David Sean Taylor