Ate Douma wrote:

David Sean Taylor wrote:

Randy Watler wrote:

Ate/All,

Yes, 4.1 is certainly painful when it comes to deployment. I can verify most of what Ate has outlined here.

+1 to drop 4.1.

+1 to drop 4.1 support

+1

+1 to fix 5.5 support before dropping 4.1

+1 too ... which I can say easily now as have 5.5.8 support ready right now ;-)

way cool :)

My refactored codebase can be deployed on both Tomcat 5.0.28 and 5.5.8
using JDK 1.4.2_04 (I don't have JDK 5 installed yet and probably won't for a while)
with only one build.properties change:
org.apache.jetspeed.catalina.version.major = 5.5

I'm in the process of cleaning up the mess in my codebase and then I'll
create a new branch and check it in (still have to figure out how to do that though).

I can help you out if you need it...

--
Raphaël Luta - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Aptiwan, l'intelligence du réseau - http://www.aptiwan.com/