Hi Roger,

Thanks for the feedback. I must say I used your work on the Perl/PHP bridges as a basis and they provided excellent starting points. My comments are below.

Roger Ruttimann wrote:

The PERL/PHP portlet bridges implement the ActionRequest for processing posted data. Post data is not available in the Render Request. The perl/php specific data from the post is extracted in the ActionRequest and "re-packed" in a session object that then is processed by the RenderRequest.

Ok this seems to be the same suggestion as Ate.

I changed the Perl portlet bridge so that it uses the rewriter class. The PHP portlet still uses the ScriptPostProcess but I plan to use the rewriter component for the PHP portlet bridgs as well. I suggest that we use the rewriter instead of custom implementation since it's more flexible.

I've been working on a J2 snapshot that's a bit old now (I couldn't follow the pace of development here :)). I didn't realize you had already converted to the rewriter component. I'll have a look at that. Is it possible with this component to have the same behavior as the one I've currently implemented, meaning to process URLs in different ways if they start for example with javascript: or another marker ?

Regards,
 Serge Huber.