Od: zazo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Do: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Data: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:32:16 +0200
Temat: Getting Folder from path

Hi all,

I am writing custom layout for my Jetspeed site. To have it fully
work I need one more, little thing -- Is there a way to get Folder
object having only path pointing to it?

Ex. Let's say I have String
"http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/Public"; and by using some
tricky API function I can get object of Folder bounded to public
folder. Then I can check its name, title etc

Can anyone help me, or at least point where should I look for

solution?

I am using J2-M1.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes.

Tomasz

Yesterday, I found that interface PageManager has getFolders(String) method which according to javadoc 'Locates a folder for the given path.'. Yes!, this is what I am looking for. But...

Can anyone suggest me the easiest way to use it. Should I take a
closer look to CastorXmlPageManager which implements PageManager?

I need this functionality to build (full) breadcrumbs for my site,
get folders only from root folder, build navigation from files
located in some directory and so on...

It's getting urgent :(

Thanks for any tips.

Best regards