Ate Douma (JIRA) wrote:
Page Aggregation using STRATEGY_PARALLEL severly broken

Key: JS2-226
Project: Jetspeed 2
Type: Bug
Components: Aggregation Versions: 2.0-dev/cvs, 2.0-M2 Environment: Tomcat 5.0.28
Reporter: Ate Douma
Assigned to: Ate Douma Priority: Critical

While trying to evaluate the status of JS2-17 I tested PageAggregation with PageAggregatorImpl.STRATEGY_PARALLEL and the effect is a total breakdown! I'll look into this AFTER the M2 release. Not sure if the current problem is related to JS2-17 but I'll check that too.

There was a refactoring done a while back that removed the threaded aggregation by default:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jetspeed-2/portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/aggregator/impl/PageAggregatorImpl.java?r1=1.18&r2=1.19&diff_format=h

I know the purpose of the refactoring was to make the improve the aggregator, but not sure why it removed (and broke) multithreading

My vote is to hold the release until this is fixed

-1 on the M2 release until multithreaded aggregation (which worked in M1) is fixed

-- David Sean Taylor Bluesunrise Software [EMAIL PROTECTED] [office] +01 707 773-4646 [mobile] +01 707 529 9194