I think the way it works is, it can be any .jsp or .html file. It is the "ViewPage" parameter in the portlet.xml file that decides which page to include for rendering the view. The portals commons bridge is used for that.

XXX:\jakarta-jetspeed-2\portals-bridges\common\src\java\org\apache\portals\bridges\common\GenericServletPortlet.java

If you want to take a look at how it is done. It is really very simple.

The links are always to psml file. and on that psml file, you declare what portlets should show up. And these portlets are described in the portlet.xml file

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Supreet Oberoi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: "Jetspeed Developers List" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org> To: "Jetspeed Developers List" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org> Subject: RE: JSF-DEMO: Which portlet.xml to update? Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:15:54 -0700

Thanks, Amit. I want to change the loading page for GuessNumber portlet from greeting.jsp to say, foo.html. I had understood that the *.psml file is
only used to determine which portlets are to be used in a page, not the landing page that the portlet will use.

-----Original Message----- From: Shah Amit [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 10:06 AM To: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org Subject: RE: JSF-DEMO: Which portlet.xml to update?

They are rendered in the .psml files I think.

XXX:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\pages\*.psml

portlet.xml only declares what porlets should be initialized. They are
rendered in the .psml files.