David Sean Taylor (JIRA) wrote:
[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS1-542?page=history ]
David Sean Taylor resolved JS1-542:
-----------------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

tested on hypersonic and mysql
if anyone else could test against other database much appreciated
I finally got a new (working) dev environment up and running yesterday and my laptop still isn't fixed (sigh), so sorry for my absence the last few days...

I tested this with Oracle9i and can confirm it working.

There are a few minor issues though I think we should look into:
- With a clean setup (meaning no jetspeed-torque-om jar ever generated before you can't build or clean from the root project because it fails with a missing dependency. I resolved this by building the jar once from the torque-om subproject but this should be handled better I think

- With Oracle, the generated scripts will fail if the targeted tables doesn't exists yet (as we know). The jetspeed-2 plugin contains the generated test-persistence-schema.sql which shouldn't be run in production and failed in my case because I created the J2 schema myself (without those test tables A and B)

- I don't know if it is possible but if so then we should enforce using a specific version of the J2 plugin. In my case I had the J2-M3-dev plugin installed which resulted in duplicate J2 jars (M2 and M3-dev versions) in $TOMCAT_BASE/shared/lib

Alright, I know the last two issues have nothing to do with the Torque OM jar generation. I have to run to get to a meeting though so I'll just post them here too for now and come back on it later/late this evening.

Regards, Ate