Sven Thiergen wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to display a portlet in the decorator built part of
the page (the portlet is not included in a psml file)?

This is what I do in my decorator file :
---
PageImpl searchPage = (PageImpl) rootFolder.getPage("search.psml");

FragmentImpl searchFragment = (FragmentImpl)
searchPage.getFragmentById("simple-search-1");

jetspeed.include(searchFragment);

(This is all Velocity code, I suppose.)

You should first check all the obtained objects to see, which is NULL.
Obviously at one point (maybe the PSML representation, maybe the fragment
"simple-search-1") you do not get the defined object, for whatever reasons.

I was succesfull, including Portlets the way you did, but they were defined
in the same PSML file from the Decorator I use. So basically this approach
should work.

Sven.

Thank you for your reply.

I have been already thinking about the solution you mentioned. Correct me if I am wrong but.. do you mean that I should include <fragment> with my search portlet definition in every psml file? (I want to have on every page in my portal.) Then take the definition of it from this psml, put it in the right place, and finally ignore this fragment during regular psml rendering phase (I don't what to have my search portlet to be put among the others using MultiColumn or any other layout portlet).

Is this your point? Is this the only (working) solution?

Best regards,

Tomasz.