Hello,
Perhaps you can help?
I'm trying to write a Forum portlet as a means to learn all about
portlets / struts bridges and of course the wonderful Jetspeed2 itself!
In the portlet I'm writing I'd like to provide access to Forums based on
a users Role membership.
I understand that JAAS is being used with a RDBMS login module but I am
unsure how I grab a list of all the users roles to allow a filter of
those Forums available to the user.
Is it the correct approach to use the users role in this manner or would
I be better of trying to setup user preferences?
I've looked at the Jetspeed2 Security Docs which mentions the use of
user.getSubject().getPrincipals() to provide a list of the users
associated roles but I'm not sure how to first access the user! I can of
course access the Princpial using the httprequest.getUserPrincipal() but
I really need access to the complete list of a users Roles.

In essence I'd like to capture the rich portal defined user info around
Role and Group access to use it in a portlet.

Any thoughts or tips would be very useful.

Kind regards,

IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer
statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact
the sender.
This communication is from Deloitte MCS Limited whose registered office is at
Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London EC4A 3TR, United Kingdom.  Registered
in England No 3311052.
This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please return
it with the title "received in error" to [EMAIL PROTECTED] then delete the
email and destroy any copies of it.
E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any
such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail
is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail
and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the
governing Deloitte MCS Limited client engagement letter.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments
which do not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor
endorsed by it.