From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 6:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Mixing with JSP with VMs

>       There were some issues if we mixed JSP portlets with VM
> portlets. Just
> wanted to check if the issues have been fixed or if there is
> a workaround
> for it.

I don't know of any workaround for mixing vm with jsp. It currently just
doesn't work.
Raphael is working on a fix, check the mailing list for his fix.

If you want to use jsp, you can, but you can't mix it with velocity.
So you need to set your default template to be jsp in the TRP

services.TemplateService.default.extension=jsp

You can then modify your psml files to only use ecs controls and controllers
(i think you may need to add some of the ecscontrols back into the registry,
the java files are still there)
Look at the .jcfg from 1.3a1 for examples
We don't have any jsp controls or controllers, yet, but contributions are
welcome...

Here is an existing ecs entry still in the controller registry. It was used
a lot in 1.3a1

  <portlet-controller-entry name="RowColumnPortletController">

<classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controllers.RowColumnPortletController
</classname>
    <media-type ref="html"/>
    <media-type ref="wml"/>
  </portlet-controller-entry>