- Create an entry in the media type registry
- Create your resources under the psml and templates directories

if your entry in the media type registry is:

  <media-type-entry name="newmediatype">

then you must create corresponding directory entries in the psml and
templates directories
look at the "html" media type as an example

then for the portlets that support this new media type, you will need to
change their entries in the registry:

    <media-type ref="newmediatype"/>