Anthony,
In general you will need to create a new stylesheet, based on rss.xsl,
to the generate the HTML that will create a new browser window when the
link is clicked.

Basic steps:
1) Copy <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/xsl/rss.xsl to
   <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/xsl/new_window_rss.xsl

2) For EACH rss portlet that you want a new browser window opened when
   the link is clicked, add the following to <portlet-entry>

        <parameter name="stylesheet.text/html"
            value="/WEB-INF/xsl/new_windows_rss.xsl" hidden="false">
        </parameter>

3) Edit <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/xsl/new_window_rss.xsl so that is will
   will generate the desired HTML.  You will have to add the desired
HTML
   in 2 places for each link, i.e. images and hrefs.

If you post the resulting HTML, I will it add to the Jetspeed
documentation/examples

Paul Spencer