----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Spencer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jetspeed Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: Problems with jetspeed

> Manish,
>
> manish shah wrote:
>
> >>1) Do you have 2 instance of Jetspeed installed in WebLogics, i.e.
> >>http://locahost/jetspeed_dir1 and http://localhost/jetspeed_dir2 ?
> >>
> > No, the weblogic uses the jetspeed.jar file and there is only one
instance
> > of jetspeed running.
> >

> How does WebLogic know which directory to use?
I am guessing the weblogic takes the first directory (alphabetically) it
reads as this is
what its happening with my stuff

> >>2) What do the Jetspeed.log for each instance say?  Each one will detail
> >>the portlets and other configuration information used.
> >>
> > Jetspeed log in the directories says that they are invoking the correct
> > portlets.
> >

> > to be more precise....
> >
> > i have all my portlets to be of JSP type.
> > The page that shows these portlets contains the header, actual content ,
> > footer.
> > ofcourse the header is in top.vm and footer in bottom.vm files in
respective
> > directories.
> >
> > If I change the jsps in either of the directories, those changes are
> > independent. so no problem with this

 1) Do any of the JSP file share the same name?
Yes they do but they are under different directories.

> > But, if i change the content of top.vm and/or bottom.vm then the change
that
> > happened in the first
> > directory (alphabetically) alone prevails and any changes in the second
> > directory is not reflected when
> > that page (dir2) is loaded.
> >

> 1) If top.vm are different at startup, are they correctly used?
top.vm are different in both the directories. But only the top.vm of the
first directory is
used in both cases

> 2) After editing both top.vm files, does the respective jetspeed.log
> correctly show desired top.vm used.  Note the time stamps on and in the
> log file.
I cannot see any entry in jetspeed.log that says that its using top.vm

Moreover it seems that even the psml files is acting the way the vm files
are.
It probably turns out that except the actual jsps, all other config and
properties
files are dependent on the first directory that weblogic loads... :(

> > thanks
> > manish
> >

> Any clues in WebLogic's log(s)?
:(