From: Ray Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 4:02 PM
To: 'Jetspeed Users List'
Subject: RE: Jetspeed Portal Usage

Sir,
Allow the experts to provide the absolute guidance.  However, i am trying
to understand your question.

As i read your question, i conclude that you are "muddying the waters".
(this is just my small little opinion - and not meant to be derogatory in
any way.)

the meaning of a portal is "a perspective on information".  the term portal
origianted out of Merril Lynch.  Information is arranged to give a user
specific information for that individual's ROLE.  In other words, a
customer of a web site has different information needs than a supplier.
 Both of their perspectives and needs for information are different from
the plant manager.

i merely do not understand the chaining of flow of portals - this makes no
sense to me.  it may be mere semantics - but semantics are important - it
embodies how we communicate.

i understand the need to pipeline a set of events as the manner of Cocoon.
 I understand the need to create different screens and provide some order
to them.  i am trying to understand the need to create a flow of portals.

please do not let my inability to understand your question get in the way
of a quality answer.  but, a re-wording of the question would help me to
better understand your needs.

thanx,
Ray