Ender Hikmet KILIÇOGLU wrote:

>It sounds familier for some one?
>found some xerces related articles about the problem but nothing. I tried
>all suggestion. What I did wrong.
>
>My system is
>tomcat 4.01 release
>sun jdk 1.4.0 linux beta3
>also tried with 1.3.1 version
>Note: There is only one xerces file in path.  "/common/lib/xerces.jar"
>deleted (I tried also with)

I'm seeing the same problem with tomcat-4.1-dev

I have been toying around with jars, to no avail.

jdk1.4beta has a jaxp implementation inside, this is related with the
problem. This is the reason why cocoon people starting bundling a xerces
and a xalan devoid of jaxp/trax classes, and a separate xml-apis.jar for
jdk1.3.x/1.2.x

Hope this helps.

If you find something, please report the winner configuration here.
Thanks in advance ;)