Mark,
1) Disable the login on the navigation bar, property
topnav.user_login.enable in JR.p
(<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properites)

2) Add you "clicking Login means you accept the following terms...." to
the login screen <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/screens/html/login.vm

Paul Spencer