Look at how Jetspeed / Tomcat logs in a user.  I think the result of login
is to place a Turbine user object into the http session.  If so, you might
be able to get a Turbine user object that matches your db2 authenticated
user into the session, and then the /jetspeed/portal url might act as if the
user is logged in.

- Glenn

[EMAIL PROTECTED]               734-615-1419