From: Josh Hone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 2:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SOAP and Jetspeed

Hi all -

I am using a simple SOAP call to a simple service defined on a Tomcat web
server.  A lot of documentation I read said that if you simply put all the
jar files you need to work with SOAP 2.2 (activation, crimson, mail, xerces,
jaxp, and soap) into Tomcat (with everything deployed into common/lib except
soap.jar) then your application would work fine.  However, my app would not
make the calls until I put activation.jar into Jetspeed at web-inf/lib.  I
kept getting the error message that said that it could not resolve a
namespace URI with &apos:xsd', which made no sense to me.

So now I am working on other aspects of Velocity interfacing to SOAP, but I
am wondering about the interaction here.  Why did Jetspeed need
activation.jar added?

Josh Hone
Physics Dept.
Florida State University