From:   'Wayne A Christian'
Sent:   Monday, July 29, 2002 4:02 PM
To:     'Jetspeed Users List'
Subject:        portlet-api

Someone indicated that jetspeed uses the same portlet API as IBM WebSphere.  I see
that they have a portlet-api.jar which contains
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.PortletAdaptor.
I've not been able to find anything similar in the jetspeed distribution.  What I'm
trying to do is determine if a portlet written with WebSphere will
run under a plain jetspeed implementation.  Right now it looks like the answer is no
unless the developer is careful to not allow the WebSphere IDE
to generate the specific classes (like PortletAdaptor) which are not in the jetspeed
implementation.

Does any one know if the package org.apache.jetspeed.portlets exist as well as the
PortletAdaptor class?

Wayne Christian
Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Genesys Telecommunications Labs
2100 Gateway Centre Blvd.  Suite 300
Morrisville,  NC      27560
?       Office: (919) 466-6151
        Fax:    (919)
?       EMail:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For additional commands, e-mail:

Todavía no tenés tu Ciudad Internet Mail? Obtenelo ahora! -
http://webmail.ciudad.com.ar

Descargá Gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 6.0, el mejor software para actualizar tu
PC.
http://www.ciudad.com.ar/ar/servicios/ie/