Well i tried including it within the getcontent of a portlet, didn't work.
So I tried to modify the default.vm template to include them after the body
:

  <script type="text/javascript" src="/jetspeed/scripts/Resources_fr.js"
language="JavaScript"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/jetspeed/scripts/Validation.js"
language="JavaScript"></script>

Didn't work.

Then I tried changing the meta content of the webpage and set it to iso
8859-1, no success :-(

Finally I just tried your idea, didn't work neither :)

I'm lost... Here are the parameters named "encoding I have" :

template.encoding=8859_1 (velocity.properties)
services.VelocityService.input.encoding=8859_1 (turbineresources.properties)
content.defaultencoding=iso-8859-1 (jetspeedresources.properties)

It seems more as a problem of servlet parameter, since it's during the
transfert of the file that it gets wrong, but don't know where....

If anyone has another idea ?

Aurélien Pernoud