I recently went through all of Jetspeed code and ensured that every object
put into the session is serializable.
I then ran tests with Tomcat, going thru a normal shutdown using the Tomcat
4.1 Manager, and restarting.
These changes are not yet part of a release, but you can pick them up from
the cvs head.