HHmm....
My jetspeed does not seem to have a WEB-INF.
Should I create one?

C:\tdk\tdk\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF
+--cache
+--conf
+--db
+--lib
+--log
+--psml
|  +--group
|  |  +--apache
|  |  \--Jetspeed
|  |     \--html
|  +--role
|  |  +--admin
|  |  \--user
|  \--user
|     +--admin
|     |  +--html
|     |  \--wml
|     +--anon
|     |  +--html
|     |  |  +--en
|     |  |  \--es
|     |  +--wml
|     |  |  \--en
|     |  \--xml
|     \--turbine
|        +--html
|        \--wml
+--templates
|  +--jsp
|  |  +--layouts
|  |  |  +--html
|  |  |  |  +--de
|  |  |  |  \--en
|  |  |  +--vxml
|  |  |  \--wml
|  |  +--navigations
|  |  |  +--html
|  |  |  |  +--de
|  |  |  |  \--en
|  |  |  \--wml
|  |  +--portlets
|  |  |  \--html
|  |  +--screens
|  |  |  +--html
|  |  |  |  +--de
|  |  |  |  \--en
|  |  |  +--vxml
|  |  |  \--wml
|  |  \--tld
|  \--vm
|     +--controllers
|     |  +--html
|     |  +--wml
|     |  \--xml
|     +--controls
|     |  \--html
|     +--emails
|     +--layouts
|     |  +--html
|     |  +--wml
|     |  \--xml
|     +--navigations
|     |  +--html
|     |  \--wml
|     +--portlets
|     |  +--html
|     |  \--wml
|     \--screens
|        +--html
|        +--wml
|        \--xml
+--tmp
\--xsl

Jim Jackson
SunGard EBS

__________________

I tried several differrent places.
1. Altered classpath to have the location where I compilied the java file
into class file
2. share\lib
3. webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\lib

In all cases, I re-started Catalina.
None worked.
Here is the error in jetspeed log

[10:21:43,597 ERROR]
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException: PortletFactory: Unable to load
class com.sungard.portal.portlets.HelloWorldPortlet
     at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java:211)
     at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java:157)

[lots more of stack trace]

Jim Jackson
SunGard EBS

                    "David Sean

                    Taylor"              To:     "Jetspeed Users List"

                    <david@bluesun        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    rise.com>            cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: HelloWorld portlet

                    10/30/2002

                    01:49 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Jetspeed

                    Users List"

Where did you place your HelloWorld class file?

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:jetspeed-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>

contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the